lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl>
Subject RE: Re: Using Solr with CouchDB
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:51:54 GMT
Hi,

Setting up CouchDB-Lucene is quite easy, but you don't want that i guess. You could construct
a show function to convert input to Solr accepted XML, should be very straightforward. You
just need some program to fetch from CouchDB and push it in Solr.

Cheers,

-----Original message-----
From: Patrick Petermair <patrick.petermair@openforce.com>
Sent: Wed 28-04-2010 17:45
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org;
Subject: Re: Using Solr with CouchDB

Hey Brendan!

Thanks for your response.

> I don't know much about couch, but if you to return json from solr
> (which I think couch would understand) you can do that with wt=json
> in the query string when querying solr. See here for more details:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolJSON

Actually I'm looking for the other way around. I'm trying to get Solr to
index my CouchDB. CouchDB works with a REST API and returns plaintext JSON.
So I'm looking to get JSON into Solr and not out of :)

On the CouchDB wiki I've found a reference to a project "CouchDB Solr2"
which seemed to do exactly what I'm trying to do (full text indexing and
searching with CouchDB), but it is no longer maintained as of January
2009 and cannot be found anymore on github. Maybe it's because there is
now a simple way to do it in Solr and I just haven't found it yet ;)

Patrick