lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fletcher <mark.fletcher2...@gmail.com>
Subject exact match coming as second record
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:31:21 GMT
Hi,

I am using the dismax handler.
I have a field named *myfield* which has a value say XXX.YYY.ZZZ. I have
boosted myfield^20.0.
Even with such a high boost (in fact among the qf fields specified this
field has the max boost given), when I search for XXX.YYY.ZZZ I see my
record as the second one in the results and a record of  the form
XXX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA.BBB is appearing as the first one.

Can any one help me understand why is this so, as I thought an exact match
on a heavily boosted field would give the exact match record first in
dismax.

Thanks and Rgds,
Mark