lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: no of cfs files are more that the mergeFactor
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 17:59:30 GMT

This sounds completley normal form what i remembe about mergeFactor.

Segmenets are merged "by level" meaning that with a mergeFactor of 5, once
5 "level 1" segments are formed they are merged into a single "level 2"
segment.  then 5 more "level 1" segments are allowed to form before the
next merge (resulting in 2 "legel 2" sements).  Once you have 5 "level 2"
sements, then they are all merged into a single "level 3" segment, etc...

: I had my mergeFactor as 5 ,
: but when i load a data with some 1,00,000 i got some 12 .cfs files in my
: data/index folder .
:
: How come this is possible .
: in what context we can have more no of .cfs files

-Hoss