lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Bhatnagar <abhatna...@vantage.com>
Subject RE: Query time only Ranges
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 13:43:06 GMT
Hi Chris,
Actually I needed time upto seconds granularity, so did you mean I should index the field
after conversion into seconds

Ankit

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:05 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query time only Ranges

: I am working on use case - wherein i need to Query to just time ranges
: without date component.
:
: search for docs with between 4pm - 6pm

if you only need to store the hour of the day, and query on the hour of
the day, then i would just use a numeric integer field containing the hour
of the day.

if you want minute or second (even even millisecond) granularity, but you
still only care abotu the time of day (and note the *date*) then i would
still use an integer field, and just index the numeric value in whatever
granualrity you need.

-Hoss