lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <andrea.gazzar...@atcult.it>
Subject Jetty, Tomcat or JBoss?
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:08:14 GMT
Hi all,
I have a web application which is basically a (user) search interface
towards SOLR.
My index is something like 7GB and has a lot of records so apart other
things like optiming SOLR schema, config ,clustering etc... I'd like to
keep SOLR installation as light as possible.
At the moment my SOLR instance is running under JBoss but I saw that
running under the bundled Jetty it takes a very little amount of memory
(at least at startup and after one hour of usage)

So my questions is: since SOLR is using JEE web components what are the
drawback of using the following architecture?

-My Application (Full JEE application with web components and EJB) on JBoss;
- SOLR on Jetty or Tomcat

Having said that and supposing that the idea is good, what are the main
differences / advantages / disadvamtages (from this point of view)
between Tomcat and Jetty?

Best Regards,
Andrea