lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Healthcheck. Too many open files
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:56:16 GMT
On 04/11/2010 10:12 PM, Blargy wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Cool. I didn't think that was the expected behavior. Will you guys at Lucid
> be rolling this patch into your 1.4 distribution?

I don't know the release plans, but I'm sure this patch would be
included in the next release.

> As per your 1.5 comment, do you think 1.5 trunk is stable enough for
> production or should I just be keeping an eye on it.

I think 1.5 is fairly stable, but you may want to give it a bit of time
- some recent changes that just went in could use a little time to bake
- the large example being flexible indexing in Lucene. Solr Cloud is
also almost ready to commit, but I'm not sure when I will get to that
last bit of cleanup it needs.

> I know its never really
> known, but do you happen to know an approximate release date of 1.5 (summer,
> winter, 2011)?

Well, like I said, flexible indexing will need some time to bake - and
there is a still a lot of activity coming around the Lucene/Solr merge -
so while these things are impossible to guess - I wouldn't at all be
surprised if it was towards the end of the year/2011.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com