lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andy <angelf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Caching of search results, caching proxy
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:31:31 GMT
I'm setting up my Solr index to be updated every x minutes.

Does Solr cache the result of a search, and then when next time the same search is requested,
it'd recognize that the Index has not changed and therefore just return the previous result
from cache without processing the search again?

If Solr doesn't do that, can Tomcat or Jetty be configured to cache a dynamically generated
result for x minutes and serve that from cache until it expires?

Or I'd need to use a caching reverse proxy like Squid or Varnish to do that?

Please share your experience - do you actually set up some caching system like this?