lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Related terms/combined terms
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:54:17 GMT

> Not sure of the exact vocabulary I am looking for so I'll
> try to explain
> myself.
>
> Given a search term is there anyway to return back a list
> of related/grouped
> keywords (based on the current state of the index) for that
> term.
>
> For example say I have a sports catalog and I search for
> "Callaway". Is
> there anything that could give me back
>
> "Callaway Driver"
> "Callaway Golf Balls"
> "Callaway Hat"
> "Callaway Glove"
>
> Since these words are always grouped to together/related.
> Note sure if
> something like this is even possible.

ShingleFilterFactory[1] plus TermsComponent[2] can give you grouped (phrases) keywords. You
need to create an extra field (populate it via copyField) that constructs shingles (token
n-grams). After that you can retrieve those trigram or bi-gram tokens starting with callaway.

solr/terms?terms=true&terms.fl=yourNewField&terms.prefix=Callaway

[1]http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent

[2]http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.ShingleFilterFactory