lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Blargy <zman...@hotmail.com>
Subject an OR filter query
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:27:32 GMT

Is there anyway to use a filter query as an OR clause?

For example I have product listings and I want to be able to filter out
mature items by default. To do this I added:

<lst name="appends">
  <str name="fq">mature:false</str>
</lst>

But then I can never return any mature items because appending
fq=mature:true will obviously return 0 results because no item can both be
mature and non-mature.

I can get around this using defaults:

<lst name="default">
  <str name="fq">mature:false</str>
</lst>

But this is a little hacky because anytime I want to include mature items
with non-mature items I need to explicitly set fq as a blank string.

So is there any better way to do this? Thanks