lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: SolrConfig - constructing the object
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:56:25 GMT

: Now a few days later I am thinking, I need access to the SolrConfig object
: in multiple classes.  Maybe I should not be reloading it over and over?   I
: see that there is a getSolrConfig() method in the SolrCore class that will
: return the SolrConfig object.
: Should I maybe just take all my classes and have them implement the
: SolrCoreAware interface so that they can call core.getSolrConfig(); ??

Uh... what exactly is it you are doing?

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
XY Problem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

-Hoss