lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML data in solr field
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:41:28 GMT
You can use dynamic fields (wildcard field names) to add any and all
element names. You would have to add a suffix to every element name in
your preparation, but you will not have to add all of the element
names to your schema.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
> Have you considered an XML database? Because this is exactly what they are designed to
do.

> eXist is open source, or you can use Mark Logic (my employer), which is much faster and
more scalable. We do give out free academic and community licenses for Mark Logic.

> wunder
>
> On Mar 16, 2010, at 11:04 PM, Nair, Manas wrote:
>
>> Thankyou Tommy. But the real problem here is that the xml is dynamic and the element
names will be different in different docs which means that there will be a lot of field names
to be added in schema if I were to index those xml nodes separately.
>> Is it possible to have nested indexing (xml within xml) in solr without the overhead
of adding all those inner xml nodes as actual fields in solr schema?

>> Manas

is a xml string as below. This xml structure is within the inputxml field value. I needed
help on searching this xml structure i.e. if I search  for Venue, I should get "Radio City
Music Hall" as the result and not the complete tag like<Venue value="Radio City Music Hall"
/>. Is this supported in solr?? If it is, how can this be implemented??

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com