lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Indexing CLOB Column in Oracle
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:37:00 GMT
Disclaimer:  My Oracle experience is miniscule at best.  I am also a
beginner at Solr, so grab yourself the proverbial grain of salt.

I googled a bit on CLOB.  One page I found mentioned setting up a view
to return the data type you want.  Can you use the functions described
on these pages in either the Solr query or a view?

http://www.oradev.com/dbms_lob.jsp
http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_dbms_lob.htm
http://www.praetoriate.com/dbms_packages/ddp_dbms_lob.htm

I also was trying to find a way to convert from xmltype directly to a
string in a query, but that quickly got way over my level of
understanding.  I saw hints that it is possible, though.

Shawn

On 3/16/2010 4:59 PM, Neil Chaudhuri wrote:
> Since my original thread was straying to a new topic, I thought it made sense to create
a new thread of discussion.

> I am using the DataImportHandler to index 3 fields in a table: an id, a date, and the
text of a document. This is an Oracle database, and the document is an XML document stored
as Oracle's xmltype data type, which is an instance of oracle.sql.OPAQUE. Still, it is nothing
more than a fancy clob.