lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From gwk <g...@eyefi.nl>
Subject Re: distinct on my result
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:03:09 GMT
Hi,

I ran into the same issue, and what I did (at
http://www.mysecondhome.co.uk/) was to create a separate core just for
autosuggest which is fully updated once an hour which contains the
distinct values of the items I want to look for including the count so I
can display the approximate amount of results in the suggest dropdown.
This might not be a good solution when your data is updated frequently
but for us it's worked very well so far. Maybe you can also use
clustering so you won't have to create a separate core but I'm thinking
my solution performs better (although I haven't tested it so I could be
horribly horribly wrong).

Regards,

gwk