lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From KshamaPai <kshamapai2...@gmail.com>
Subject which links do i have to follow to understand location based search concepts?
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 12:45:28 GMT

Hi,

Inorder to understand - cartessian tiers,how are they contributing in
location based search - What is happening internally when we give query to
solr like http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=name:Minneapolis AND
_val_:"recip(hsin(0.78, -1.6, lat_rad, lon_rad, 3963.205), 1, 1, 0)"^100 and
other functions like ghhsin(),sqedist(),dist() .how is it working to
retrieve relevent records?

Can any one suggest me any link that will help me understand all these
concepts better.

Thank you.