lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From KshamaPai <kshamapai2...@gmail.com>
Subject Need suggestion regarding custom transformer
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 01:51:08 GMT

Hi,
Am new to solr.
I am trying location aware search with spatial lucene in solr1.5 nightly
build.
My table in mysql has just lat,lng and some text .I want to add geohash,
lat_rad(lat in radian) and lng_rad field into the document before indexing.
I have used dataimport to get my table to solr.
I have to use GeohashUtils.Encode() to get geohash from corresponding
lat,lng of each row;
and *ToRads function to get lat in radians.

Can i use custom transformers so that after retreiving each row , add these
fields and then index while using dataimport?
Or do i have to do data migration to xml and then do changes required before
indexing?

Thanks in advance.