lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DIH field options
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:12:49 GMT
> Forgive me but I'm slightly retarded... I grew up
> underneath some power lines
> ;)
>
> I've read through that wiki but I still can't find what I'm
> looking for. I
> just want to give one of the DIH entities/fields a static
> value (ie it
> doesnt come from a database column). How can I configure
> this?
>
> FYI this is data-config.xml not schema.xml.
>
>   <document>
>     <entity name="item" query="select * from
> items">
>       <field name="my_field"
> column="static_value_not_from_db"/>
>     </entity>
>   </document>

I didn't do it by-myself but i think it can be done with TemplateTransformer[1] with something
like:

<field column="my_field" template="static_value_not_from_db" />

Alternatively you can define default value of a field in schema.xml:

<field name="timestamp" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true" default="NOW" multiValued="false"/>

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#TemplateTransformer