lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gy├Ârgy Frivolt <gyorgy.friv...@gmail.com>
Subject unexpected result using OR in query
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:03:03 GMT
Hi,

    I run into an unexpected behaviour for Solr with query parsing. I need
to fetch article which contain several expressions. However, I noticed the
following behaviour:

- when I fetch results for query A I get a number of results X
- for query B I get a number of results Y
- for query A B and also for A OR B I get results less then X and Y - I
expected that in this case I receive the union of results.

For some queries containing more expressions, but of which all give results
separately I even get zero results. What is the reason for this? How can I
reach to get all the results for the query with more expressions?

My schema for the index and query is pretty simple:

    <fieldtype class='solr.TextField' name='text'
positionIncrementGap='100'>
      <analyzer>
        <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>
        <filter class='solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory' />
      </analyzer>
    </fieldtype>

Thanks for your help!

     Georg