lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Roland Villemoes ...@alpha-solutions.dk>
Subject Question regarding wildcards and dismax
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:28:26 GMT
Hi all,

We have a web application build on top of Solr, and we are using a lot of facets - everything
works just fine.
When the user first hits the searchpage - we would like to do a "get all query" to the a result,
and thereby get all facets so we can build up the user interface from this result/facets.

So I would like to do a q=*:* on the search. But since I have switched to the dismax requesthandler
this does not work anymore. ?

My request/url looks like this:

a)       /solr/da/mysearcher/?q=*:*           Does not work

b)      /solr/da/select?q=*:*                          Does work

But I really need to use a) since I control boosting/ranking in the definition.
Furthermore when the user "drill down" the search result, by selecting from the facets, I
still need to get the full searchresult, like:

/solr/da/mysearcher/?q=*:*&fq=color:red     Does not work.

Can anyone help here? I think that the situation for my web application here is quite normal
(Get a full resultset to build facets, then let the user du a drill down etc....)

Thanks a lot in advance

med venlig hilsen/best regards

Roland Villemoes
Tel: (+45) 22 69 59 62
E-Mail: mailto:rv@alpha-solutions.dk

Alpha Solutions A/S
Borgergade 2, 3.sal, 1300 KĂžbenhavn K
Tel: (+45) 70 20 65 38
Web: http://www.alpha-solutions.dk<http://www.alpha-solutions.dk/>

** This message including any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient you should delete this message. Any printing, copying, distribution or other use
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by telephone, or e-mail and delete all copies of this message
and any attachments from your system. Thank you.