lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mitchell <goodie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr with tomcat in cluster mode
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:44:03 GMT
We have a similar setup and I'd be curious to see how folks are doing this
as well.

Our setup: A few servers and an F5 load balancer. Each Solr instance points
to a shared index. We use a separate server for indexing. When the index is
complete, we do some juggling using the Core Admin SWAP function and update
the shared index. I've wondered about having a shared index across multiple
instances of (read-only) Solr -- any problems there?

Matt