lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter S <pete...@hotmail.com>
Subject Aggregated facet value counts?
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:16:44 GMT

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had come across this use case, and if this type of faceting is possible:

The requirement is to build a query such that an aggregated facet count of common (and'ed)
field values form the basis of each returned facet count.

For example:

Let's say I have a number of documents in an index with, among others, the fields 'host' and
'user':

Doc1  host:machine_1   user:user_1

Doc2  host:machine_1   user:user_2

Doc3  host:machine_1   user:user_1

Doc3  host:machine_1   user:user_1

Doc4  host:machine_2   user:user_1

Doc5  host:machine_2   user:user_1

Doc6  host:machine_2   user:user_4

Doc7  host:machine_1   user:user_4

Is it possible to get facets back that would give the count of documents that have common
host AND user values (preferably ordered - i.e. host then user for this example, so as not
to create a factorial explosion)? Note that the caller wouldn't know what machine and user
values exist, only the field names.

I've tried using facet queries in various ways to see if they could work for this, but I believe
facet queries work on a different plane than this requirement (narrowing the term count, a.o.t.
aggregating).

For the example above, the desired result would be:

machine_1/user_1 (3)

machine_1/user_2 (1)

machine_1/user_4 (1)

machine_2/user_1 (2)

machine_2/user_4 (1)

Has anyone had a need for this type of faceting and found a way to achieve it?

Many thanks,

Peter

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/