lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "ZAROGKIKAS,GIORGOS" <g.zarogki...@multirama.gr>
Subject RE: solr with tomcat in cluster mode
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:06:00 GMT
Hi again
	I finally setup my solr Cluster with tomcat6
	The configuration I user is two tomcat servers on the same server in different ports(ex localhost:8180/solr
and
	 Localhost:8280/solr for testing purposes) with different indexes on each server  and index
replication through replication handler of solr , and its working fine for me and very quick

Now I want to use load balance for these two tomcat servers but without using apache http
server
Is there any solution for that ???

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Mitchell [mailto:goodieboy@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 9:33 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: solr with tomcat in cluster mode

Hey Otis,

We're indexing on a separate machine because we want to keep our production
nodes away from processes like indexing. The indexing server also has a ton
of resources available, more so than the production nodes. We set it up as
an indexing server at one point and have decided to stick with it.

We're not indexing the same index as the search indexes because we want to
be able to step back a day or two if needed. So we do the SWAP when things
are done and OK.

So that last part you mentioned about the searchers needing to re-open will
happen with a SWAP right? Is your concern that there will be a lag time,
making it so the slaves will be out of sync for some small period of time?

Would it be simpler/better to move to using Solrs native slave/master
feature?

I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Matt