lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choosing what document to return.
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:25:48 GMT
What's the higher-level task you're trying to accomplish?
Because on a quick read it looks like you're trying
something that's akin to a join between two indexes,
and if that's accurate I have great fears about
performance. I guess it boils down to how costly
getting your other_index_value is....

Mostly, I'm trying to be sure this isn't an XY problem
before you waste time implementing a solution that
won't work out....

Erick