lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Simon Wistow <si...@thegestalt.org>
Subject Problems with spellchecker
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:16:40 GMT
The spellchecker in my 1.4 install started behaving increasingly
erratically andsuggestions would only be returned some of the time with
the same query.

I tried to force a rebuild using

spellcheck.build=yes

The full request being

/select/?q=alexandr the great&
indent=on&
fl=title&
spellcheck=yes&
spellcheck.collate=yes&
spellcheck.count=3&
qt=dismax&
spellcheck.build=yes

and the request spun for a while and then returned

HTTP Status 500 - this IndexReader is closed
org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: this IndexReader is
closed at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.ensureOpen(IndexReader.java:209) at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.docFreq(DirectoryReader.java:624)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.docFreq(IndexSearcher.java:147)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.spell.SpellChecker.exist(SpellChecker.java:315)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.spell.SpellChecker.indexDictionary(SpellChecker.java:339)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.spell.SpellChecker.indexDictionary(SpellChecker.java:362)
at
org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker.build(IndexBasedSpellChecker.java:89)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.prepare(SpellCheckComponent.java:102)

at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:174)

at
[ .. snip .. ]

And the spellcheck directory now has a write.lock file.

I tried a couple more times then stopped tomcat, deleted the write.lock,
restarted and tried again. Same error. So I stopped tomcat again, nuked
the spellcheck directory, restarted tomcat and tried again. Same error.
I tried one more time and got a "This file does not exists _f00.cfs"
tried again and got the "Index Reader is closed" error again.

My source index is 58Gb.

Any ideas?

Simon