lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: using Xinclude with multi-core
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:36:11 GMT

: I'm trying to take advantage of the Solr 1.4 Xinclude feature to
: include a different xml fragment (e.g. a different analyzer chain in
: schema.xml) for each core in a multi-core setup.  When the Xinclude
: operates on a relative path, it seems to NOT be acting relative to the
: xml file with the Xinlclude statement.  Using the jetty example, it
: looks for a file in example/.

Peter: I know very little about XInclude, but based on your description of
the problem i suspect it's bigger then just multi-core.

It sounds like the Xinclude processing is using the CWD to resolve all
included files -- regardless of what SolrHome or the instancedir is.

Looking at Config.java, i suspect that DocumentBuilder *would*
process relative XInclude paths properly if it know what the original
filename of the XML Document was -- but we only give it an InputStream, so
i supsect resolving relative the current working directly is it's fall
back behavior.

This seems like an (anoying) bug in Solr.  Unfortunately i don't have an
suggested fix or workarround for you...

-Hoss