lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:20:25 GMT
Eric,

The sort changed, so it is now a separate parameter.  &q=....&sort=...

The query;sort syntax has been deprecated.

Be sure to reach Solr's CHANGES.txt when upgrading.  There's this
section the upgrading from 1.3 (which would apply when going from 1.2
also!) mentioning this:

"The default QParserPlugin used by the QueryComponent for parsing the
"q" param
has been changed, to remove support for the deprecated use of ";" as a
separator
between the query string and the sort options when no "sort" param was
used.
Users who wish to continue using the semi-colon based method of
specifying the
sort options should explicitly set the defType param to
"lucenePlusSort" on all
requests. (The simplest way to do this is by specifying it as a
default param
for your request handlers in solrconfig.xml, see the example
solrconfig.xml for
sample syntax.)"

	Erik