lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kay Kay <kaykay.uni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: latency in solr response is observed after index is updated
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:42:11 GMT
What would be the average doc size.  What is the autoCommit frequency
set in solrconfig.xml .

Another place to look at is the field cache size and the nature of
warmup queries run after a new searcher is created ( happens due to a
commit ).

Bharath Venkatesh wrote:
> Hi Kalidoss,
>
>    I am not aware of using solr-config for committing the document .
> but I have mentioned below how we update and  commit documents:
>
> curl http://solr_url/update --data-binary @feeds.xml -H
> 'Content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8'
> curl http://solr_url/update --data-binary '<commit/>' -H
> 'Content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8'
>
> where feeds.xml contains the document in xml format
>
> we have master and slave replication for solr server.
>
> updates happens in master , snappuller and snapinstaller is run on
> slaves periodically
> queries don't happen at master , only happens at slaves
>
> is there any thing which can be said from above information ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bharath

that is privileged, confidential
> and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or the
> employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail