lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From solr-user <solr-u...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: question about schemas
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:40:25 GMT

Lance Norskog-2 wrote:

> You can make a separate facet field which contains a range of "buckets":
> 10, 20, 50, or 100 means that the field has a value 0-10, 11-20, 21-50, or
> 51-100. You could use a separate filter query with values for these
> buckets. Filter queries are very fast in Solr 1.4 and this would limit
> your range query execution to documents which match the buckets.

Lance, I am afraid that I do not see how to use this suggestion.

Which of the three (four?) suggested schemas would I be using?  How would
these range facets prevent the potential issues I found such as getting
product facets instead of customer facets, or having very large numbers of
ANDs and ORs, and so forth.