lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From javaxmlsoapdev <vika...@yahoo.com>
Subject dismax query syntax to replace standard query
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:28:59 GMT

I have configured dismax handler to search against both "title" &
"description" fields now I have some other attributes on the page e.g.
"status", "name" etc. On the search page I have three fields for user to
input search values

1)Free text search field (which searchs against both "title" &
"description")
2)Status (multi select dropdown)
3)name(single select dropdown)

I want to form query like textField1:value AND status:(Male OR Female) AND
name:"abc". I know first (textField1:value searchs against both "title" &
"description" as that's how I have configured dixmax in the configuration)
but not sure how I can AND other attributes (in my case "status" & "name")

note; standadquery looks like following (w/o using dixmax handler)
title:"test"description:"test"name:"Joe"statusName:(Male OR Female)