lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat vs Jetty for a solr instance?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:44:08 GMT
Hi,

We're running a high traffic (very high peak load) site with solr 1.3
(we can't upgrade to 1.4 just yet as we don't have capacity to remove
one of our servers even for the 10 mins time it will take!)

We're currently running the webapp deployed in tomcat 6.0.18.  Most of
the documentation mentions jetty 6.x and we're just wondering if there
is any advantage to either servlet container?

We are using tomcat due to familiarity, but there's no reason why we
couldn't swap if there was a compelling reason.

Thanks,
Kev