lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Per Halvor Tryggeseth <per.halvor.trygges...@bokklubben.no>
Subject Missing slf4j jar in solr 1.4.0 distribution?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:08:02 GMT
I downloaded solr 1.4.0 but discovered when using solrj 1.4 that a required slf4j jar was missing
in the distribution (i.e. apache-solr-1.4.0/dist). I got a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder when using solrj

I solved the problem according to http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder
by downloading and including slf4j-nop.jar in my class path
or in maven pom file:
<dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>slf4j-nop</artifactId>
      <version>1.5.5</version>
 </dependency>

Have I overlooked something or are not all necessary classes required for using solrj in solr
1.4.0 included in the distribution?

Per Halvor