lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very busy search screen
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:12:09 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:36 PM, javaxmlsoapdev <vikasdp@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a client who wants to search on almost every attribute of an object
> (nearly 15 attributes) on the search screen. Search sreen looks very
> crazy/busy. I was wondering if there are better ways to address these
> requirements and build intelligent categorized/configurable searchs?
> including allowing user to choose if they want to AND or OR attributes etc?
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

You can go with simple text box search on a catch-all field with facets for
drilling down. That's how most of us do it. If your client really want
complete control you'd have to educate them on solr's query syntax (or
perhaps create a simpler query syntax) but I wouldn't suggest going that
way.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.