lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From kalidoss <kalidoss.muthuramalin...@sifycorp.com>
Subject Solr - Load Increasing.
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:11:21 GMT
Hi All.

    My server solr box cpu utilization  increasing b/w 60 to 90% and
some time solr is getting down and we are restarting it manually.

    No of documents in solr 30 laks.
    No of add/update requrest solr 30 thousand / day. Avg of every 30
minutes around 500 writes.
    No of search request 9laks / day.
    Size of the data directory: 4gb.

    My system ram is 8gb.
    System available space 12gb.
    processor Family: Pentium Pro

    Our solr data size can be increase in number like 90 laks. and
writes per day will be around 1laks.   - Hope its possible by solr.

    For write commit i have configured like
    <autoCommit>
        <maxDocs>1</maxDocs>
        <maxTime>10</maxTime>
    </autoCommit>

    Is all above can be possible? 90laks datas and 1laks per day writes
and 30laks per day read??  - if yes what type of system configuration
would require.

    Please suggest us.

thanks,
Kalidoss.m,

Get your world in your inbox!

Mail, widgets, documents, spreadsheets, organizer and much more with your Sifymail WIYI id!
Log on to http://www.sify.com

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com