lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Nair, Manas" <Manas.N...@mtvnmix.com>
Subject Multi word synonym problem
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:43:05 GMT
Hi Experts,

I would like help on multi word synonyms. The scenario is like:

I have a name Micheal Jackson(wrong term) which has a synonym Michael Jackson i.e.

Micheal Jackson => Michael Jackson

When I try to search for the word Micheal Jackson (not a phrase search), it is searching for
text: Micheal , text: Jackson  and not for Michael Jackson.
But when I search for "Micheal Jackson" (phrase search), solr is searching for "Michael Jackson"
(the correct term).

The schema.xml for the particular core contains the  SynonymFilterFactory for text analyzer
and is enabled during index as well as query time. The  SynonymFilterFactory during index
and query time has the parameter expand=true.

Please help me as to how a multiword synonym can be made effective i.e I want a search for

Micheal Jackson (not phrase search) to return the results for Michael Jackson.

What should be done so that Micheal Jackson is considered as one search term instead of splitting
it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,
Manas Nair