lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chaitali Gupta <chaitaligupt...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: About SolrJ for XML
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:03:07 GMT
Hi,

Thanks a lot. It worked!!

I was wondering if there is a way in SolrJ to print out the size of the index being generated?
Or else how do I determine the total size of the generated index ?

Thanks,
Chaitali

--- On Mon, 10/5/09, Feak, Todd <Todd.Feak@smss.sony.com> wrote:

From: Feak, Todd <Todd.Feak@smss.sony.com>
Subject: RE: About SolrJ for XML
To: "solr-user@lucene.apache.org" <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 5:17 PM

It looks like you have some confusion about queries vs. facets. You may want to look at the
Solr wiki reqarding facets a bit. In the meanwhile, if you just want to query for that field
containing "21"...

I would suggest that you don't set the query type, don't set any facet fields, and only set
the query. Set the query to "field:21" where "field" should be replaced with the fieldname
that has a "21" in it.

For example, if the field name is foo, try this instead:

SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
query.setQuery("foo:21");
QueryResponse qr = server.query(query);
SolrDocumentList sdl = qr.getResults();

To delve into more detail, what your original code did was query for a "21" in the default
field (check your solrconfig.xml to see what is default). It then faceted the query results
by the "id" field and "weight" fields. Because there were no search results at all, the faceting
request didn't do anything. I'm not sure why you switched the query type to DisMax, as you
didn't issue a query that would leverage it.

-Todd