lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Is negative boost possible?
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:03:46 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Andrzej Bialecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:
>> BTW, standard Collectors collect only results
>> with positive scores, so if you want to collect results with negative scores
>> as well then you need to use a custom Collector.
>
> Solr never discarded non-positive hits, and now Lucene 2.9 no longer
> does either.

Hmm ... The code that I pasted in my previous email uses
Searcher.search(Query, int), which in turn uses search(Query, Filter,
int), and it doesn't return any results if only the first clause is
present (the one with negative boost) even though it's a matching clause.

I think this is related to the fact that in TopScoreDocCollector:48 the
pqTop.score is initialized to 0, and then all results that have lower
score that this are discarded. Perhaps this should be initialized to
Float.MIN_VALUE?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><