lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Rosen <p...@performantsoftware.com>
Subject Re: solr severe error when doing a faceted search
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 19:49:56 GMT
Thank you Yonik, that worked (I added :method => :enum to the :facets hash).

And it seems to work really fast, too.

Yonik Seeley wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>   The new faceting method is faster in the general case, but doesn't
> work well for faceting full text fields (which tends not to work well
> regardless of the method).
> You can get the old behavior bt adding either of the parameters
> "facet.method=enum" or "f.content.facet.method=enum"
> 
> We'll add something to the release notes.
> 
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com
> 
> 
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Paul Rosen <paul@performantsoftware.com> wrote:
>> (using solr 1.4 nightly; solr-ruby 0.0.7)
>>
>> I am attempting to do an auto-complete with the following statement:
>>
>> req = Solr::Request::Standard.new(
>>  :start => 0, :rows => 0, :shards => [ 'resources', 'exhibits'],
>>  :query => "*:*", :filter_queries => [ ],
>>  :facets => {:fields => [ "content" ], :mincount => 1, :missing => false,
>> :limit => -1, :prefix => "fidd" })
>>
>> response = @solr.send(req)
>>
>> NOTE: This is the same statement which worked in solr 1.3.
>>
>> What happens now is that solr takes a long time to reply, then prints this
>> to its log:
>>
>>
>> Oct 9, 2009 2:53:04 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
>> SEVERE: Exception during facet counts:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
>> Too many values for UnInvertedField faceting on field content
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.request.UnInvertedField.uninvert(UnInvertedField.java:381)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.request.UnInvertedField.<init>(UnInvertedField.java:175)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.request.UnInvertedField.getUnInvertedField(UnInvertedField.java:827)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.request.SimpleFacets.getTermCounts(SimpleFacets.java:243)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.request.SimpleFacets.getFacetFieldCounts(SimpleFacets.java:276)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.request.SimpleFacets.getFacetCounts(SimpleFacets.java:166)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.process(FacetComponent.java:72)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:195)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
>>        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
>>
>> Oct 9, 2009 2:53:04 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
>> INFO: [merged] webapp=/solr path=/select
>> params={wt=javabin&rows=0&start=0&f.content.facet.limit=-1&facet=true&fl=uri,score&q=*:*&version=1&isShard=true&facet.missing=false&fsv=true&facet.field=content&facet.prefix=fi}
>> hits=409024 status=0 QTime=78270
>> Oct 9, 2009 2:53:04 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
>> SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.countFacets(FacetComponent.java:260)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.handleResponses(FacetComponent.java:230)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:290)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
>>        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
>>
>> Oct 9, 2009 2:53:04 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
>> INFO: [merged] webapp=/solr path=/select
>> params={wt=ruby&facet.limit=-1&rows=0&start=0&facet=true&facet.mincount=1&q=*:*&fl=*,score&qt=standard&facet.missing=false&facet.field=content&facet.prefix=fi&shards=localhost:8983/solr/merged}
>> status=500 QTime=78374
>> Oct 9, 2009 2:53:04 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
>> SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.countFacets(FacetComponent.java:260)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.FacetComponent.handleResponses(FacetComponent.java:230)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:290)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
>>        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
>>
>> Oct 9, 2009 2:53:04 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
>> SEVERE: org.mortbay.jetty.EofException
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:767)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.flush(AbstractGenerator.java:562)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$Output.flush(HttpConnection.java:898)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:630)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:573)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.util.ByteArrayISO8859Writer.writeTo(ByteArrayISO8859Writer.java:103)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ErrorHandler.handle(ErrorHandler.java:56)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ErrorPageErrorHandler.handle(ErrorPageErrorHandler.java:118)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:265)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.sendError(SolrDispatchFilter.java:362)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.writeResponse(SolrDispatchFilter.java:315)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:254)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
>>        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
>>        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>>        at org.mortbay.io.ByteArrayBuffer.writeTo(ByteArrayBuffer.java:158)
>>        at org.mortbay.io.bio.StreamEndPoint.flush(StreamEndPoint.java:114)
>>        at org.mortbay.io.bio.StreamEndPoint.flush(StreamEndPoint.java:146)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:689)
>>        ... 28 more
>>
>> 2009-10-09 14:53:04.326::WARN:  Committed before 500 null
>>
>> org.mortbay.jetty.EofException
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:767)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.flush(AbstractGenerator.java:562)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$Output.flush(HttpConnection.java:898)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:630)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:573)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.util.ByteArrayISO8859Writer.writeTo(ByteArrayISO8859Writer.java:103)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ErrorHandler.handle(ErrorHandler.java:56)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ErrorPageErrorHandler.handle(ErrorPageErrorHandler.java:118)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:265)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.sendError(SolrDispatchFilter.java:362)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.writeResponse(SolrDispatchFilter.java:315)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:254)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
>>        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
>>        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>>        at org.mortbay.io.ByteArrayBuffer.writeTo(ByteArrayBuffer.java:158)
>>        at org.mortbay.io.bio.StreamEndPoint.flush(StreamEndPoint.java:114)
>>        at org.mortbay.io.bio.StreamEndPoint.flush(StreamEndPoint.java:146)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:689)
>>        ... 28 more
>>
>> 2009-10-09 14:53:04.326::WARN:  /solr/merged/select
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:972)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.sendError(Response.java:238)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.sendError(SolrDispatchFilter.java:362)
>>        at
>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:272)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
>>        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
>>        at
>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
>>


Mime
View raw message