lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Farber <pfar...@umich.edu>
Subject best way to get the size of an index
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:18:59 GMT

Resuming this discussion in a new thread to focus only on this question:

What is the best way to get the size of an index so it does not get too
big to be optimized (or to allow a very large segment merge) given space
limits?

I already have the largest 15,000rpm SCSI direct attached storage so
buying storage is not an option.  I don't do deletes.

 From what I've read, I expect no more than a 2x increase during
optimization and have not seen more in practice.

I'm thinking: stop indexing, commit, do a du.

Will this give me the number I need for what I'm trying to do? Is there
a better way?

Phil