lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik_l <e...@lindgrens.co.uk>
Subject number of Solr indexes per Tomcat instance
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:19:51 GMT

Hi,

Currently we're running 10 Solr indexes inside a single Tomcat6 instance. In
the near future we would like to add another 30-40 indexes to every Tomcat
instance we host. What are the factors we have to take into account when
planning for such deployments? Obviously we do know the sizes of the indexes
but for example how much memory does Solr need to be allocated given that
each index is treated as a webapp in Tomcat. Also, do you know if Tomcat has
got a limit in number of apps that can be deployed (maybe I should ask this
questions in a Tomcat forum).

Thanks