lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Latest trunk locks execution thread in SolrCore.getSearcher()
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:16:39 GMT
Can you try the patch I just put up on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1427 
  and let me know if it works when JMX is enabled?

Also, do you have warming queries setup?

On Sep 17, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Chris Harris wrote:

> It looks like this works as a fix for me as well. (I'm not currently
> using JMX for anything anyway.)
>
> Curiously, the single-core example solrconfig.xml also has "<jmx />",
> but it doesn't seem to be a problem there.
>
> 2009/9/17 Dadasheva, Olga <olga_dadasheva@harvard.edu>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> FWIW: disabling <jmx/> fixed this problem for me.
>>
>> Thanks you!
>>
>> -Olga
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: yseeley@gmail.com [mailto:yseeley@gmail.com] On Behalf Of  
>> Yonik Seeley
>> Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:09 PM
>> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Latest trunk locks execution thread in  
>> SolrCore.getSearcher()
>>
>> Interesting... I still haven't been able to reproduce a hang with  
>> either jetty or tomcat.
>> I enabled replication and JMX... still nothing.
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Chris Harris <ryguasu@gmail.com>  
>> wrote:
>>> I found what looks like the same issue when I tried to install  
>>> r815830
>>> under Tomcat. (It works ok with the normal Jetty example/ 
>>> start.jar.) I
>>> haven't checked the stack trace, but Tomcat would hang right after  
>>> the
>>> message
>>>
>>> INFO: Adding  debug
>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent@1904e0d
>>>
>>> showed up in the log.
>>>
>>> I have a little more evidence about Yonik's theory that SOLR-1427 is
>>> part of the cause. In particular, when I reverse-merged r815587 (the
>>> commit for SOLR-1427) into (out of?) my r815830-based working copy,
>>> then Tomcat was able to load Solr normally.
>>>
>>> 2009/9/16 Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidimagination.com>:
>>>> On a quick look, it looks like this was caused (or at least  
>>>> triggered
>>>> by)
>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1427
>>>>
>>>> Registering the bean in the SolrCore constructor causes it to
>>>> immediately turn around and ask for the stats which asks for a
>>>> searcher, which blocks.
>>>>
>>>> -Yonik
>>>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Dadasheva, Olga
>>>> <olga_dadasheva@harvard.edu> wrote:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I am  testing EmbeddedSolrServer vs StreamingUpdateSolrServer  for
>>>>> my crawlers using more or less recent Solr code and everything was
>>>>> fine till today when I took the latest trunk code.
>>>>> When I start my crawler I see a number of INFO outputs
>>>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,399 INFO  Adding
>>>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent 
>>>>> @36ae8
>>>>> 3
>>>>> (SearchHandler.java:132) - [main]
>>>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,400 INFO  Adding
>>>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.StatsComponent@1fb24d3
>>>>> (SearchHandler.java:132) - [main]
>>>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,401 INFO  Adding
>>>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.TermVectorComponent 
>>>>> @14ba
>>>>> 9a2
>>>>> (SearchHandler.java:132) - [main]
>>>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,402 INFO  Adding  debug
>>>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent@12ea1dd
>>>>> (SearchHandler.java:137) - [main]
>>>>>
>>>>> and then the log/program stops.
>>>
>>

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids)  
using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search


Mime
View raw message