lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dadasheva, Olga" <olga_dadash...@harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Latest trunk locks execution thread in SolrCore.getSearcher()
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:35:08 GMT
Hi,

FWIW: disabling <jmx/> fixed this problem for me.

Thanks you!

-Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: yseeley@gmail.com [mailto:yseeley@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Yonik Seeley
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:09 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Latest trunk locks execution thread in SolrCore.getSearcher()

Interesting... I still haven't been able to reproduce a hang with either jetty or tomcat.
I enabled replication and JMX... still nothing.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com


On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Chris Harris <ryguasu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found what looks like the same issue when I tried to install r815830 
> under Tomcat. (It works ok with the normal Jetty example/start.jar.) I 
> haven't checked the stack trace, but Tomcat would hang right after the 
> message
>
> INFO: Adding  debug
> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent@1904e0d
>
> showed up in the log.
>
> I have a little more evidence about Yonik's theory that SOLR-1427 is 
> part of the cause. In particular, when I reverse-merged r815587 (the 
> commit for SOLR-1427) into (out of?) my r815830-based working copy, 
> then Tomcat was able to load Solr normally.
>
> 2009/9/16 Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidimagination.com>:
>> On a quick look, it looks like this was caused (or at least triggered 
>> by)
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1427
>>
>> Registering the bean in the SolrCore constructor causes it to 
>> immediately turn around and ask for the stats which asks for a 
>> searcher, which blocks.
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Dadasheva, Olga 
>> <olga_dadasheva@harvard.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am  testing EmbeddedSolrServer vs StreamingUpdateSolrServer  for 
>>> my crawlers using more or less recent Solr code and everything was 
>>> fine till today when I took the latest trunk code.
>>> When I start my crawler I see a number of INFO outputs
>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,399 INFO  Adding
>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent@36ae8
>>> 3
>>> (SearchHandler.java:132) - [main]
>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,400 INFO  Adding
>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.StatsComponent@1fb24d3
>>> (SearchHandler.java:132) - [main]
>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,401 INFO  Adding
>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.TermVectorComponent@14ba
>>> 9a2
>>> (SearchHandler.java:132) - [main]
>>> 2009-09-16 21:08:29,402 INFO  Adding  debug 
>>> component:org.apache.solr.handler.component.DebugComponent@12ea1dd
>>> (SearchHandler.java:137) - [main]
>>>
>>> and then the log/program stops.
>

Mime
View raw message