lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Angel Ice <lbil...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Using SolrJ with Tika
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:56:44 GMT
Hi everybody.

I hope it's the right place for questions, if not sorry.

I'm trying to index rich documents (PDF, MS docs etc) in SolR/Lucene.
I have seen a few examples explaining how to use tika to solve this. But most of these examples
are using curl to send documents to Solr or an HTML POST with an input file.
But i'd like to do it in full java.
Is there a way to use Solrj to index the documents with the ExtractingRequestHandler of SolR
or at least to get the extracted xml back (with the extract.only option) ?

Many thanks.

Laurent.