lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dan A. Dickey" <dan.dic...@savvis.net>
Subject Solr http post performance seems slow - help?
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:13:33 GMT
I'm posting documents to Solr using http (curl) from
C++/C code and am seeing approximately 3.3 - 3.4
documents per second being posted.  Is this to be expected?
Granted - I understand that this depends somewhat on the
machine running Solr.  By the way - I'm running Solr inside JBoss.

I was hoping for maybe 20 or more docs/sec, and 3 or so
is quite a way from that.

Also, I'm posting just a single document at a time.  I once tried
5 processes each posting documents, and that slowed things
down considerably.  Down into the multiple (5-10) seconds per document.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can try?  I'll soon
have better servers installed and will be splitting the indexing
work from the searching - but at this point in time, I wasn't doing
indexing while searching anyway.  Thanks for any and all help!
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey | Senior Software Engineer

Savvis
10900 Hampshire Ave. S., Bloomington, MN  55438
Office: 952.852.4803 | Fax: 952.852.4951
E-mail: dan.dickey@savvis.net