lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greg Gershman <gregge...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: multicore and ruby
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:53:19 GMT
Paul

I've been working with rsolr in a Rails app.  In terms of querying from multiple indices/cores
within a multicore setup of Solr, I'm managing it all on the Rails side, aggregating results
from mutliple cores.  In terms of core administration, I've been doing that all by hand as
well.

Greg

________________________________
From: Paul Rosen <paul@performantsoftware.com>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 12:38:56 PM
Subject: multicore and ruby

Hi all,

I'd like to start experimenting with multicore in a ruby on rails app.

Right now, the app is using the solr-ruby-rails-0.0.5 to communicate with solr and it doesn't
appear to have direct support for multicore and I didn't have any luck googling around for
it.

We aren't necessarily wedded to using solr-ruby-rails-0.0.5, but I looked at rsolr very briefly
and didn't see any reference to multicore there, either.

I can certainly hack something together, but it seems like this is a common problem.

How are others doing multicore from ruby?

Thanks,
Paul