lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Larry He <shiqua...@gmail.com>
Subject Is negative boost possible?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:01:33 GMT
Hi all,

I am looking for a way to assign negative boost to a term in Solr query.
Our use scenario is that we want to boost matching documents that are
updated recently and penalize those that have not been updated for a long
time.  There are other terms in the query that would affect the scores as
well.  For example we construct a query similar to this:

*:* field1:value1^2  field2:value2^2 lastUpdateTime:[NOW/DAY-90DAYS TO *]^5
lastUpdateTime:[* TO NOW/DAY-365DAYS]^-3

I notice it's not possible to simply use a negative boosting factor in the
query.  Is there any way to achieve such result?

Regards,
Shi Quan He