lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Functions in search result
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 01:38:14 GMT

: As far as I know, functions are executed on a per-document/field basis.
: That is, I don't think any of them aggregate numeric field values from a
: result set.

correct.

it sounds like what you are looking for is the StatsComponent...

	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/StatsComponent

: > schema in which all documents have a size in bytes field. For each
: > query, i also need to sum of the bytes field for the returned documents.
: > I prefer doing it with Solr and have the sum in the in the response
: > header or somewhere similar instead of iterating over the entire
: > resultset myself. Also, iterating over the resultset would not really

-Hoss