lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Tomblin <ptomb...@xcski.com>
Subject Can I search for a term in any field or a list of fields?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:32:04 GMT
I've got "<defaultSearchField>text</defaultSearchField>" and so if I
do an unqualified search it only finds in the field text.  If I want
to search title, I can do "title:foo", but what if I want to find if
the search term is in any field, or if it's in "text" or "title" or
"concept" or "keywords"?  I already tried "*:foo", but that throws an
exception:

Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field *
     [java] 	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.EmbeddedSolrServer.request(EmbeddedSolrServer.java:161)

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin