lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Silent Surfer <silentsurfe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Limit of Index size per machine..
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:44:27 GMT

Hi ,

We are planning to use Solr for indexing the server log contents.
The expected processed log file size per day: 100 GB
We are expecting to retain these indexes for 30 days (100*30 ~ 3 TB).

Can any one provide what would be the optimal size of the index that I can store on a single
server, without hampering the search performance etc.

We are planning to use OSX server with a configuration of 16 GB (Can go to 24 GB).

We need to figure out how many servers are required to handle such amount of data..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
SilentSurfer