lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From KaktuChakarabati <jimmoe...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr1.4 and snapinstalling/optimize script
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:27:16 GMT

Hey,
I noticed in recent SVN versions the example/solr/bin dir has been empty.
I understand the various snappulling scripts are basically deprecated since
replication is now handled in-process, however I was wondering what is the
state of the
optimize script, i.e how do I control optimization myself? is this also now
taken care of in-process?
or should i still grab the optimize script ( from src/scripts ) and crontab
it?

Related question: In the in-procfess replication there is only a
pollInterval parameter. However, In some cases
I might want to poll often ('snappull' often) but actually install a new
search ('snapinstall') less often.
It dosent look like its possible with current mechanism?

Thanks,
-Chak