lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Harsch, Timothy J. (ARC-SC)[PEROT SYSTEMS]" <timothy.j.har...@nasa.gov>
Subject RE: SolrJ question
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:28:26 GMT
Assuming you have written the SolrInputDocument to the server, you would next query.  See ClientUtils.escapeQueryChars.
 Also you need to be cognizant of URLEncoding at times.

-----Original Message-----
From: ptomblin@gmail.com [mailto:ptomblin@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Paul Tomblin
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 2:12 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: SolrJ question

If I put an object into a SolrInputDocument and store it, how do I
query for it back?  For instance, I stored a java.net.URI in a field
called "url", and I want to query for all the documents that match a
particular URI.  The query syntax only seems to allow Strings, and if
I just try query.setQuery("url:" + uri.toString()) I get an error
because of the colon after "http" in the URI.

I'm really new to Solr, so please let me know if I'm missing something
basic here.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin