lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Francis Yakin <fya...@liquid.com>
Subject Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:07:12 GMT

We have several thousands of  xml files in database that we load it to solr master
The Database uses "http"  connection and transfer those files to solr master. Solr then  translate
xml files to their lindex.

We are experiencing issue with close/open connection in the firewall and very very slow.

Is there any other way to load the data/index from Database to solr master beside using http
connection, so it means we just scp/ftp the xml file  from Database system to solr master
 and let solr convert those to lucene indexes?

Any input or help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Francis